THE LIVING FAITH TRADITIONS INTRODUCTION:
Every nation, every industry, every organization and every commission has its tradition. The Living Faith Church is not an exemption; the commission has over the year's imbibed ways that have made for success and progress.
These are the Living Ways of the Living Faith and the Winning Ways of the Winners. They are practices that have made the commission what she is and have come to stay.It is who we are.
WHAT ARE TRADITIONS?
• It's about values and methods.
• The way things are done to best attain set goals and maintain the same.
• They are the "dos" and "don'ts" of a system.
• It is what the system or organization stands for.
WHY THE LIVING FAITH TRADITIONS?
At the onset of this commission God told his servant, the Bishop Dr. David Oyedepo "I will not have you go as others have gone…" this clearly spells out uniqueness and identity. So the Living Faith Tradition is about specific ways things are done and not just any how. That is, practice that runs the system which is not common to all. And must be know and followed by everyone within to properly fit in and to also enjoy relevance.
"Now the hour has come to liberate mankind from all oppressions of the devil through the preaching of the word of faith and I am sending you to undertake this task".
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT THIS MANDATE?
The Liberation Mandate is a divine phenomenon delivered to God’s servant in an eighteen (18) hour vision between the 1st and 2nd of May, 1981. With:
• a well defined Task - Liberation of Mankind,
• a well defined Tool - Word of Faith,
• a well defined Target - The World, and
• a well defined Time – Now (signifying the urgency of purpose).
UNDERSTANDING THE THREE-FOLD MESSAGE OF THE COMMISSION:
These messages give credence to our traditions.
• The Word of Faith 1John 5:4 Received on the 2nd of March, 1981
• The Prosperity Message 2Cor.6:10 Received on the 26th of August, 1987
• The Supernatural Ps.82:5-7 Received on the 29th of June, 1992
THE LIVING FAITH TRADITIONS
• Addiction to divine direction
• Addiction to the WORD
• Decency in dressing
• Pulpit integrity
OUR STRENGTH AND CORE VALUES
• The glory of divine direction
• The mystery of kingdom addiction
• The power of prayer and fasting
• The virtues of law and order
• The exercise of goiness
• Leadership by example
• The security of open accountability
• The virtues of law and order
• The power of focus
• The monthly prophetic teaching focus
The Monthly Prophetic Teaching Focus is further broken down into Twelve (12) topical subjects (One per Month) in line with Revelations 22:1-2:
These Twelve (12) subjects are referred to as the twelve Pillars of the Commission. They are :
• Faith - 1 John 5:4; Eph 6:16
• The word - John 1:1-12; Heb 1:3
• The supernatural - Ps 82:5-7; John 3:8
• The Holy Spirit - Acts 1:18; Isa 10:27
• Prosperity - 3 John 2; Ps 35:27; Zech 1:17
• Prayer - 1 John 5:14-15
• Healing - Isa. 53:3-4; Jer. 8:22; Matt 8:17
• Wisdom - Prov 24:3-4; Isa 33:6
• Success - Joshua 1:8-10
• Vision - Prov 29:18; Jer 29:11
• Consecration - Heb 12:14; 2 Tim 2:19
• Praise - 2 Chron 20:20-22; Ps 67:1-7; 149:1-9